Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Reconnecting Through Music

Without Fail, Music will bring me back into balance by helping me focus on what's important... 

This week I be experimenting that, by focusing on one song a day. 

Today it's a song I mentioned in Primary. This song connects with me because in my profession I specifically interact with children that don't walk like most people, or don't talk like a most people, and often times children I know are uncomfortable around them. Well this song hits it to the core and I felt inspired to share that message with my primary kids. 

Our primary is not huge, nor is it small. It's probably a goldilocks situation where it's just right. I love them so much; however, they all struggle with being respectfully reverent to the point I've had to stop several activities just to manage behavior ... Anyway I tell you this only so you can understand the hesitation I had when acting on inspiration ...
I'm a little behind but today I was introducing "I'll Walk With You". And I was a little baffled when the thought came to me to do the entire singing time with my "Talker" app. This is an app we use in the Speech Department for kids that can't communicate any other way.
It's like having Siri, or Alexa talk for you. So it's robotic, slow, and often distracting.
Instantly an image of my primary and everything that could go wrong with that idea, popped into my head. The imagery was so bad, I flat out refused. No way I was going to put that out there. Especially because I do have a selective mute in my Sr. Primary. And I didn't want him to feel singled out.
But the idea kept coming so I simplified it. Instead of doing the entire singing time with it, I used it to bare my Testimony.
Miracle: I only had to pause it once to stare down a kid that started to make fun of me. But seconds later, the spirit filled the room and the robot voice was no longer a distraction. They heard what I was saying and I got a few thumbs up, from one little boys entire family.
I don't know if that helped him but it gave me a good look at my primary children.
I may not be able to easily plan activities with them that require moving chairs or throwing objects, but today I saw that they are learning to recognize the spirit.
I'm counting that as a win.

VIDEO : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK7NaQDtcOg&t=63s

LYRICS: 

If you don’t walk as most  people do,

Some people walk away from you,

But I won’t! I won’t!

If you don’t talk as most people do,

Some people talk and laugh at you,

But I won’t! I won’t!

I’ll walk with you. I’ll talk with you.

That’s how I’ll show my love for you.

Jesus walked away from none.

He gave his love to ev’ryone.

So I will! I will!

Jesus blessed all he could see,

Then turned and said, “Come, follow me.”

And I will! I will!

I will! I will!

I’ll walk with you. I’ll talk with you.

That’s how I’ll show my love for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...