Thursday, July 27, 2023

Use your voicemail ...

 We don't use Voicemail much anymore. If someone doesn't answer we text, or we text first to see if someone will answer. But today I was thinking about the song I was focusing on today ... Because I have been Given Much ... and instead I got distracted by my old voicemails. 

You see, the other day I stumbled across a voice mail I hadn't deleted from 2021. It was Mom and all it said was she was trying to get a hold of me and she loved me. It hit me so hard that I spiraled into anxiety and tears, then yesterday I was depressed all day. 

It's still strange to me that something so wonderful, such as hearing my mother's voice, could send me into emotional turmoil. Seriously that was not the intent the Lord had when he placed that play button under my finger. But it does, anyway ... 

Today I was distracted for a moment as I searched my "deleted" messages in my phone and I finally came across one message that brought me comfort.

AUDIO LINK: 

"Hi Brooke. It's Sunday Evening and I just thought I'd check and see how you're doing. If you're getting better or worse. Talk to you later. Love you Honey. Buh-Bye." - Mom, 2020

I instantly shouted aloud ... "WORSE!!!!"

... But then I laughed. I listened to it again and wondered what I was sick with in 2020.... it wasn't covid (LOL) Then I listened to it again and decided, this was the voicemail I was originally supposed to find. It's one I will need to play over again just so I can honestly self check on my condition. If I'm doing worse I will scream it out but I will also remember, she's actually checking in on me. So I 'll be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...