That was my panic, not Mason's. The boy did great!
Early Friday morning we had a few more things to pack. Mason quietly watched Despicable Me while we did. This was amazing since he never has actually sat and watch a TV show (other than Daniel Tiger) for more than five minutes. But we managed to get everything packed and piled into the truck.
At least a nine hour drive ahead of us, we set out. Mason as our navigator ... well sort of. He pointed right most of the time. Which was the correct direction sometimes.
Big window in front of him and his daddy driving the big truck, he was a happy camper for the first few hours. The weather was blessed, so other than the direct sunlight beating in our faces for 84% of the ride, it was a smooth ride.
Thankfully at the halfway mark, and just before we were planning on stopping for Lunch, Mason crashed! We instead of stopping we kept driving.
Two hours later, Mason woke up, and we pulled into Casper Wyoming for some much needed food. He charmed every lady in that restaurant. In fact when Mason told daddy, "That's absurd" we could hear giggles floating from the back kitchen.
After we all had full tummy's and stretched muscles we jumped back into the truck and finished the trip to Sheridan. Even though the drive was great, and we reached our destination in good time it was a relief to pull into our new driveway. And there to meet us were Emily, Sam and their three amazing kids! The best welcoming committee ever! Well other than these guys -
Waking up to wild turkeys wandering through your yard is definitely a new experience. Mason was also impressed with the amount of Deer poop in our new backyard. Evidently these animals were nesting in the vacant yard for a few years. So wild game - check.
Next we unpacked and explored the house. Sam and Mitch unloaded that truck so fast! I'd forgotten how well these two work together. Mason and I hung out with the rest of the Watson crew, which was nice 'cause I was too tired to carry in boxes. Especially since I spent the next several days unpacking said boxes. With Mason help of course.
We found storage spaces ...
I think we might have hide and seek potential in this new house of ours.
Before we managed to unpack our beds I was kicked out of my own by this little guy. He's a really strong kicker when he wants to be.
A few trips to Walmart and Mason decided he could handle being a Wyoming boy.
Seriously if we don't buy him a cowboy hat in the next few days, I'll never have a happy Walmart shopper again. (I personally loved the BYU sweatshirt cowboy hat combo.)
Across the street we found a park!
Walking distance from home, which might mean we'll have to visit it at least once a day while the weather is still good. However I don't think a little (or piles) of snow is going to stop this boy from going down the slides.
Little cup of hot chocolate (actually water) when we got home.
Okay, okay okay! I know this post has gotten insanely long, but just a few more! Thanks to our friends, which we discovered are a mere 7 minute walk down the street (if Mason's on my shoulders) We have been introduced to the Sheridan Library.
Talked to the stone Turtle. I call him Gerald. He likes to whisper so you have to get really close to hear what he has to say.
He only gives rides on special occasions ...
Occasions such as, when nobody's looking! Shhhhhhh!
A view from the park across the street.
A few places that caught my eye. Their might be some great potential locations for family pictures just down my street.
Mason was a good passenger as we wandered down the path. Everyone looks you in the eye and said good morning here. They see Mason and stop with their dogs. I don't think a one passed by without asking if Mason wanted to pet the dog. Some really pretty animals too. Mason loved it!
The new Fisherman's Pasture! Complete with whistling deer. But you must listen very carefully.
A constant sight in my livingroom. No matter where I turn I have to jump over a perfect line of cars. It's the most amazing stage, and I love it.
Mason's quick acceptance of this new home has a lot to do with this beautiful little girl. Kayla treats him so well even though she's years older than him and he asks to play at her house everyday. More than ever I'm adapting to his two year old personality, and it's amazing to watch him learn from others around him.
So to sum up, Sheridan Wyoming: Great place. Beautiful place, especially for Wyoming. Great friends. Great job. Cute house. Adapting well. Looking forward to many more adventures.
And now for a better feel of Wyoming here a video called, Guy on a Buffalo. Episode 2 because it's my favorite. Enjoy.

























Hehe the whistling deer! Good times! With many more to come! Can't wait!!
ReplyDelete