Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sick Day

"I don't feel good."
"I'm Sick."

I'm so happy Mason is at the point he can actually recognize and tell me he's not feeling well. It's still incredibly hard watching him during these times but now at least we can communicate. And it only lasts a moment. Just because he's sick one minute, he rests for a while and then he thinks he's ready to go again. It's a bit of a roller coaster.

The cold started two days ago, but we thought he was just being whinny. You know your basic two year old. Mostly because we kept seeing this face -



Sweet and perfect. Doesn't really scream, getting a cold. Plus he was still playing pretend with his train -

Not sleeping, just pretending.
But last night he had me hold him until he fell asleep, which hasn't happened since he was 6 months. I cried happy tears.  And this morning he insisted, "I still hurt." His little fever spiked, and though he was still smiling and happy we decided to stay home for the day. Thankfully he takes his medicine very obediently and decided he needed to watch some TV.

Snuggled up, watching Daniel Tiger

Sometimes we just need a day to relax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...