Standing up in the middle of a room - he used to use his head but now he can manage it solely by sticking his diaper in the air.
Reading books by himself - Mason loves to sneak into his room and come back out with a book or two. He's still restricted to the cardboard page books (for the books own safety but I often find him sitting in a corner flipping the pages and pointing as if he's reading it word for word. But his attention span is still pretty short so such a beautiful moment doesn't last long.
Opening Cupboards - It's getting more and more messy in my kitchen. I can't keep up.
DAD!! - He shouts it now clear as a bell. When dad comes home and when dad leaves he also yelled BYE yesterday. Wouldn't do it again but it was so clear it shocked us both.
New Noises - he likes to make noises with his tongue moving quickly side to side. His first time was right in the middle of Sacrament meeting. His dad was up on the stand and said he could hear it but he didn't realize it was his own son.
Playing Chase - I have always enjoyed startling Mason so that he'd run the other way, but now I have to actually chase him. I'll chase him into a corner and he'll turn around and chase me. It's hilarious.
Favorite Food - Spaghetti. We're working on the spaghetti picture. because right now this boy can devour that dish. I realized it's mostly the sauce. I can put that sauce on anything and he'd probably eat it.
The Love Sac - It's just a big ball! What a brilliant invention.
Playing Catch - or fetch which ever you want to call it.
Stairs - Up not down ... unless you want to count gravity then down is no problem. He's stumbled down a few times but it doesn't stop him from trying again.
Stepping off the curb - It's such a large step, you know out the door or off the cement. To those little legs he usually ends up falling and rolling onto his shoulder, he's got the fall down so he doesn't hurt his face. But the other day he figured out that if you step on the edge of the curb with your heel he could drop to the other foot without falling forward. And he's done it several times since.
Biting - Yes my son bites. He just forgets he has teeth sometimes and he's used to rubbing his gums on your hand or leg but this time when he clamps down it hurts! He's got some really pretty teeth.
Grinding - Mom really really doesn't like this. I love his teeth and I really don't want him to hurt them. And he thinks it's fun because they make noise. Such a boy.
Backing up - This one really needs a video. He mostly does this just for mom!! Yay! But sometimes he'll do it if someone's sitting on the ground. He turns and backs up then sits down. Sometimes on your lap and sometimes on the floor right next to you. The most frequent is when he's ready to read a book. I love it.
Sippy Cup - So before his birthday we've tried and tried the sippy cup. He did it at his Aunt's house but I'm sure that's because his cousin was doing it and he loves to copy someone near his size. But he wouldn't do it for us. After our trip we took his bottle away and now he's doing the sippy cup with no problem. Kind of funny how that works sometimes.
Squinty face - So funny it's getting more and more dramatic, he squints his eyes, shows his teeth, his nose wrinkles up and starts whining. I can't help but laugh it's adorable.
Burying his face in anything - Not just his blankets anymore he does it to you legs, the couch, the Love Sac, piles of laundry, he loves to bury his face in things.
... Side note right now he's biting the corner of the desk ....
Kisses - He does it but it's only when he wants to. It's that wide open mouth sliming the side of your face, chin, or nose kiss. I was so giddy when he did it on command but he's still very picky with who he gives his kisses too.
Outside - He loves to go outside, I don't know how we survived the winter being trapped indoors but now we can't go a day without going outside.
Pointing - This isn't new since he's been doing it since 9 months but now you say car he points out the window. You say fridge he points to the kitchen, though when your in the kitchen he can't manage to point to the fridge ... interesting.
... side note he just figured out how to the turn the printer on and off and now I can't get him distracted. He knows where the cool blue button is even when it's not blue anymore ...
Favorite Toy - You know those hot wheels cars that are for 3 and up. Yep he found them and now every time we try to hide them he somehow spots them. He loves those things.
Thanks for the all Mason's birthday cards, gifts and wishes. We made it to a year and it was so much fun! Hard but fun! And we're looking forward to the next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment