I love PB & J’s. They’re
so simple and the taste is wonderful. As
I was trying to think of something to write I realized the brilliance of the
Peanut Butter and it got me thinking about other simple things.
Brownies.
Pie.
Snickerdoodle.
… okay most of them ended up being food. But then something else occurred to me, something
that had happened just last week.
When Little Lindsey Davis first met her cousin Mason, she
asked me, “did he come in your tummy?” At
the time I thought I needed to explain to her the long complex story of how
Mason came to us. It is, of course, a
story that I love. But it is a bit
complicated, more like a subway sandwich.
The older girls wanted to hear that story but the next time little
Lindsey Davis asked about her cousin, I was amazed.
Softly touching Mason’s foot she looked up at me and asked, “Did
Jesus give him to you?”
I melted. Though on
the surface it seems as simple as a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich it was the
most amazing part of the story and she knew that.
Sometimes I get telling Mason’s story and forget the most
amazing part of it is the simplest.
Though there were so many players in the story the main truth is
Heavenly Father and Jesus did just that.
They made sure Mason was able to make it to our family.
Yum, how sweet the truth! Especially coming from someone as innocent as
a 4 year old girl.
![]() |
| 4 Months |



No comments:
Post a Comment