Friday, August 24, 2012

My son's a genius!

I know every mother thinks their baby is a genius until the kid starts eating paste in Kindergarten.  And hey why not, it's a lot of fun.  But how many mom's have joked around WITH their doctor about this being the case? Huh?  Huh! Tell me that!

We had a doctor's visit the other day and Mason did great with his shots.  Of course the look on his face when the first shot occurred obviously said, "MOM WHAT ARE YOU LETTING THEM DO TO ME".  And than he screamed until we walked out into the waiting room where there were two other kids.  Than they became more interesting and he forgot all about it.

Before the shots however The doctor and I were joking around.  First of all they measured Mason's head, turn's out it's rather large.  80th % they said and we rounded a bit down.  Than when the doctor walked in Mason was sitting proudly on the table all by himself.  We have a bit of a balancing problem at times but usually Mason can sit up on his own.  I stick pillows around him when I'm not nearby just in case he gets excited and kicks himself over.  The look on the doctors face was great, he looked at Mason sitting up, looked back at his chart and read "four and half months, that's impressive".  I laughed because he'd been doing it for about a week now and we still had that balance thing to work on.  But the doctor seriously explained that 6month babies are barely learning to do what Mason was doing.

Through the rest of the appointment the Doctor joke about Mason's big head and how he's a genius being able to sit up all by himself.  Mason thought that was funny and gave the doctor plenty of laughs.

So for now we get to joke about it.  Maybe I'll have him walking by the time he's 6 months - or not since he's still having problems rolling over, he gets stuck halfway and gives up.  We're lazy in some ways at this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...