Friday, May 13, 2011

The Perfect Gift

First of all you need to know my morning. It's been horrible. Terrible even. I've been in a lot of pain due to recent physical things with my body trying to return to normal as well as being emotionally kaput, or if you prefer uninhibited, due to the hormones and medication that are desperately trying to eject from my system. It’s been an interesting ride I must point out, an experience I do not wish on anyone. Unless they are a lump of emotionless flesh that for some reason needs a good cry now and then.

So, as we’ve established, my morning was terrible. Then the FedEx guy pulled up to my front door. Hurray for FedEx for being able to find any home on this planet even though the house number blends in with the pink and brown siding. Bravo Mr. FedEx.

It was a cute brown box and very light. I had been warned that a surprise would be arriving so the box in and of itself was not an astonishing occurrence. But upon opening the box I have to admit I’ve never been more surprised. Not since the “Emily Parting Gift” from the early 2000s,

[Yes that is Pirates first DVD]

But now that I think of it, I should have known this one was coming. This friend had asked me beforehand if I had read all five books and I recall telling her no. But I guess with everything that’s been going on, there was no way my mind was capable of making the connection previous to this moment. I mean think about it for a second. What would your first thought be when upon opening the box and seeing the words …

Well remember the uninhibited emotional catastrophe I mentioned prior? Yeah, I blame that. My mind went blank as I began laughing and crying at the exact same time. I could barely get the book out of its thick, plastic, bubble wrap. In fact I probably should have left it wrapped because I hugged the book so tightly as I laugh-cried, for over ten minutes. In the end it left little imprints on my biceps. (Book covers are sharp children, throw with care.) Don’t get me wrong, this kind of response isn’t looking to receive sympathy, or empathy or any emotional consideration at all. It’s a simple truth that it indeed was a perfect response to the perfect gift at the perfect time.

The words, ,were two words I needed to hear most over the last 24 hours. And as strange as that is for you all to hear. It was simply Perfect.

Thank You Taryn, my Dear Sweet Evil Twin. You are the hero of the day, week, possibly month but we’ll see about that last one.

2 comments:

  1. Awww I have missed this blog! I am glad I am back. :) Ive noticed lately going through my own trials that help comes when you need it most. Its amazing to me how much Heavenly Father knows our needs and how He uses other people to reach us. The timing is always perfect to me. Im glad Taryn knows you so well and was able to left your spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, now I can say I was divinely inspired to procrastinate and not send this to you as a birthday gift, as I had originally intended. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

    Probably the thing that makes me happiest though is that it helped so much. You know I worry about you dear crazy lady, and sometimes I worry that I'm not as helpful as I wish I could be. So I'm glad that something like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy can be one of those tender mercies. :)

    (Also, I'm glad you didn't see this one coming! I expected you would eventually figure it out, especially since I even checked with Mitch to see if you had these books, hehe.)

    ReplyDelete

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...