Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Christmas Letter Attempt.

The Parks Christmas Letter as told by Brooke:


Once upon a time Christmas has come again and everyone wants to know what we did this year. So I will tell you. The most exciting thing happened at the beginning of the year when we still lived in Las Vegas. And here it is. We MOVED. Mitch has been climbing the management ladder at Enterprise Rent a Car and so they transferred him here to Reno Nevada where we now enjoy all four seasons to their fullest. The most exciting of which is snow. Oh how I missed it. Palm Trees are only pretty on a post card. I am happy to be rid of them.

Another perk to living in Reno, other than Lake Tahoe is only 40 minutes away, is they have one of the best Fertility clinics in the nation. And even though we understand that everything is done in the Lords time we are still doing everything we can have our own children. We have been blessed with great family support and have felt the prayers from them all. The road will continue to be hard and confusing but we're going to keep plugging away at it. At the moment we've even put into motion our plan B. With the help of LDS Family services we have put in our paperwork and soon will be getting home visits from caseworkers. So if you know of a baby looking for a good home with awesome parents that would be us! We are prepped and ready to welcome them.

The ward over here quickly welcomed us as well. Mitch is a Sunday school teacher, and overly happy to be one. He defiantly has a skill for teaching that I do not. I have been called as the Primary Secretary, which is really testing my organizational skills, and I have just been handed the Scouts. (So within seven months I'm up to two callings, two more and I'll surpass my record.) I was supposed to just be an assistant to the scouts but it looks like they're giving me the Bears. This is most of the kids. But the boys informed me yesterday that I'm a lot more fun than the other lady and they're very excited to have me. So I'll be able to adjust in no time.

Whelp we're already at four paragraphs and you already have the gist of the greatness of 2010. We're excited to see what 2011 will bring. I'll be working on my photography business and Mitch is already working on his next promotion. But the most important thing is we're going to keep focusing on growing our own family ... and I just burnt my hand on a pan of brownies. I love my life!

THE END

2 comments:

  1. I love your letter haha. 2010 was a crazy year for sure! So guess what??? I watched Psych! and I am completely hooked. I can't believe I went so long without it. Its hilarious!

    Heres to 2011! *raises cup of eggnog spiked with sprite*

    ReplyDelete

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...