I glean a lot from random TV shows. Wonderful one-liners or interestingly deep insights. These mostly come from "Doctor Who" or Hallmark Christmas Movies. Tonight, after a really good cry in the car and a refreshing shower followed by a slight brownie binge, I needed a laugh. I turned on Last Man Standing and I felt strangely comforted by the simplicity of a monologue ...
Tim Allen:
"Hey Mike Baxter here for Outdoor Man.
My favorite philosopher, Charlie Brown, said it best, “Good Grief”.
Because as lousy as it feels, grief is good. It means you love somebody and even if the rest of us can’t figure out why, they loved you too. If somebody in your family passed away and you didn’t feel anything, that would be sad.
They say two things in life are inevitable: Death and Taxes. One of those, of course, deprives you of something you love, cherish, and need. The other ones, Death!
But let’s face it, we’re all heading to the celestial shore … well, not all of us. If you drive 55 in a passing lane you’re headed to eternal damnation. MOVE OVER!!
But once we cast off in the great beyond, how do we want the people we leave behind to feel? Well, we don’t want them dancing in the street. (Okay, we all know that.) So when you’re grieving the loss of a loved one, you know what they want from you?
They’d want you to be the kind of person that people will miss as much as you miss them.
Baxter out."
(Last Man Standing; Season 9: Episode 8)
So what does she want from me? It's pretty simple. It's written on her wall. "Nothing brings me greater joy than knowing my children walk in Truth."
So GOOD GRIEF! It's because of my love for her and how much love she has given me, that makes this Grief is so powerful. That alone testifies of my Love for her. And to repay her I want to bring her joy ... I will bring her great joy.

No comments:
Post a Comment