Out among people. Out with family. Out with laughter. Out with fresh air. Out with smiles. Out to celebrate. Out with gratitude.
JUST OUT!
I don't think I have ever been so excited to celebrate the fourth of July. In the past I'm not too big on BBQs, I've hated large parades, and a crowd of people makes me claustrophobic. But after being a "good citizen" for so many months, and trying very hard to make sure my kids are still able to enjoy being kids, instead of submerged in the fear and chaos brought to their lives by the choices of others. I was beyond excited to let them experience a true fourth of July in all it's American glory.
Tanner says he loved the parade the most. Though he wouldn't wave a people throwing him candy. Nor would he smile the entire time. But he loved it. Then came the fireworks and he was completely sold!
Mason was just thrilled he got to be apart of everything. He got to go to BOTH rodeos. He got to eat rodeo food. Candy from the parade. BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa's, he didn't have to go home and take a nap, instead, he stuck by whoever stayed awake and talked with them, played cards, or played soccer and more, then came the rodeo and he had even more fun. He got to chase a pig, and not catch it. He got to hang out with Lindsey and Emrie. He laughed at Bowen and talked to Cooper. This boy thrives on cousin connections. And on the fourth of JULY, he got his fill.










No comments:
Post a Comment