Okay, Short story before I go back to bed.
Tanner just woke up crying. I ran in because he sounded scared. In the dark, he hears my voice and I expected him to reach up and let me pull him out of his crib. Instead, my arms meet the soft fur of his stuffed monkey. "Hold it." he tells me.
"Okay." I take the monkey and reach out again expecting Tanner instead he shoves his frog pillow pet into my hands "Hold it." he sniffles again.
"Okay," I'm half laughing now, and waiting for him to come to me ... nope. Again he hands me his stuffed pumpkin, and sheep "Hold it. Hold it!"
"Okay." I am now realizing there was much more in his crib than I was aware. My arms are now full, I still haven't picked him up and he's frantically searching for the ever elusive "Pinkie" a little-stuffed bear that always falls out of the crib and we can never find him until morning.
But still, he insists.
So, arms full I reach in and scoop up Tanner, take him to the armchair in the corner put him down, pile his stuffed animals on him plus his blanket and return to the crib, to scourer for Pinkie.
Luckily I find him and return to the pile on the chair.
"Here's Pinkie."
"Oh, Thank You, Mama." He said it as if he was relieved to finally have his long lost friend return to him. Then through the pile, he looks at me "Hold me?"
I tried not to laugh as I scooped up a pile of fluff and held him in my lap but I couldn't help it. Underneath all of it, he was sweating! It was so hot under all the fluff but he had to have it!
I'm still giggling.
Not sure I'll be able to go back to sleep now.
Best story ever!
ReplyDelete