Friday, May 25, 2018

Courtesy Smile

The elusive one. In this age of technology, it's rare to have a child who shy's away from having their picture taken. If I do come across one I can usually narrow it down to the fact children don't know what a real camera looks like, they're so used to phones. So when you pull out your camera they end up more confused than smiley. Then you come across a child like TK. He knows exactly what the camera looks like, he even knows what it sounds like because he instantly looks elsewhere or turns his back, avoiding me at every turn. He is so good at it.
I chased him around, as usual, Trying to get a picture of his eyes or of him doing something fun. It basically ended up being a very unproductive day. Until at the very end, we were wrapping up and ready to climb back in the car when suddenly TK looked up and said: "Okay Mama, Smile?" And he gave me the cheesiest smile I've ever seen him give!
I about died! I wasn't prepared for it! And I missed it. Yes, the picture you see is not the first smile. I gasped, thinking there was no way he would do it again. But I still asked. And he DID!!!
The courtesy smile. The sweet boy saw how hard I was working that he finally gave it up! I couldn't be more thrilled.








He might be getting the hang of this modeling thing ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...