We're getting there. We are over halfway through being one year old and there are some days I feel we are already in the swing of our twos. I'm sure many of you have seen it. The picture of Tanner on the floor, vein bulging in his neck, throwing an epic tantrum that many with a two or three-year-old know well.
Here it is again if you missed it....
![]() |
All because he couldn't figure out why he was out of cheesy crackers. *sigh* That is our life now and surprisingly the real struggle is to refrain from laughing. It's quite the show.
Other than that, here's a bit more about this amazing kid.
STATS: Height: 2'8" Weight 25lbs 2.9 oz and his head is in the 92%
Conversation: Tanner has so much to say. I really wish I could understand him, but he will talk and express his babbling with his hands, you just know he understands everything and wants in on the conversation.
Nursery: Tanner Loves nursery. Mostly the singing portion. However, mom is not allowed to drop him off. This last week was the first time daddy didn't take him and it felt like I was dropping off a koala. He held onto my arm so tight and I had to peel his legs off me. And just so you know TK is a super strong boy. It wasn't easy to get out of the nursery without him seeing but luckily I'm trained in the ways of the ninja. So I eventually made it out.
Screaming: You remember the screaming. It has not gotten better. But honestly, it hasn't gotten worse either.begune began to plug his nose everytime he hits that shrill pitch and he knows its coming. Yet he keeps doing it - sigh -
Reading: Tanner doesn't much care for storytime. You start reading to him and suddenly he's got a ton of things to do elsewhere. But I often catch him sitting in a corner with a book open in his lap. It's the cutest thing.
Scribbling: Tanner loves to color along side his big brother.
Dessert: Tanner can smell cookies from the other room. I had made cookies and put them away in a tupperware container without him seeing, but when at the dinner table he kept complaining and reaching for the kitchen. Through the process of elimation it was concluded he is psychic and he knew the cookies were hidden behind the microwave.
Food: PB and Jam. He loves to pull the two sides apart, like one would pull apart an oreo cookie, and eat them both seperetly. Also, sausage or any breakfast meal but this boy always eats his hot sausage first then proceeds to the pancakes.
Show: the only shows TK will sit for are ones filled with music. I don't mean MOANA or Aladdin that have talking between. He loves mother goose club or little baby bum on Netflix and all they do is go from nursery rhyme to songs.
Music: this boy loves to dance. It looks like he in the middle of a mosh pit but he's good at it. One song he cannot help it dance to is chipmunks party rock anthem.
This age is full of so many new discoveries. It's so much fun to watch and experience all these firsts with him.
This is our Family. And we are exploring new things.


No comments:
Post a Comment