I knew Mason would be a great big brother. Everyone did. So I guess it's no surprise, however it still brought tears to my eyes today. We finally had a moment where it was just the three of us, Mason, TK and Me. TK was fast asleep and Mason was playing a game by himself so I took the opportunity and tried to take a nap. Now the Nap didn't work out so well but the help I got gave me so much energy.

Not long after I lay down, I heard Mason's little footsteps enter my room and climb up on the bed. He fumbled awkwardly but moments later I felt him trying very hard to cover me with a blanket. Finally succeeding he grabbed his paw patrol pillow tried placing it under my head. Still being awake I helped him out a little on that one. He quietly proceeded to sit behind me playing a game on the tablet until TK started to squeak and stir in his bassinet.
Mason jumped off the bed and ran on his tip toes to the kitchen. I peeked out through my eyelids to see him pace a bit before he spotted what he was looking for. One of TK's bottles was on the table and Mason promptly climbed up on the chair, snatched it and came running, on his tip toes, back to TK's bedside. He leaned over, his eyebrows up and surveyed the situation.

TK was back into a deep sleep and not moving. So Mason took the bottle back to the kitchen and put it on the table. Coming back into the room he leaned over the bassinet (took everything I had to continue as if I were asleep and not jump up and stop him, but I was on high alert in case this went south) He leaned into the bassinet and gave TK the softest kiss on the head before patting his tummy.
At that point I got caught pretending to sleep and Mason smiled at me. "TK's still sleeping so I gave him a kiss."
What a priceless little spirit our Mason has and the best thing is you can already feel a similar spirit coming from this little TK. He's perfect. What adventures are approaching, what amazing souls we have been blessed to welcome into our home.
This is my eternal family and we're enjoying the journey.
So happy for your growing, beautiful family. Love you TONS!
ReplyDelete