Saturday, December 13, 2014

Fish Hatchery Adventure

But first and most importantly, yesterday we invited ourselves to the other wards Christmas Party. Why? Because it's Sam and Emily's ward, so why wouldn't we tag along with them. Seriously hope they're not getting sick of us, because I have plans, oh so many plans for us all in the future.  So Christmas Party adventure go!


Lots of food. Mason instantly found a beautiful Young woman and followed her around, she was probably Halle's age. We had to drag him away from her so that she could eat. Mason ate some HUGE grapes. He thought that was pretty amazing. Other than that he had more fun running around the gym, and there was no stopping him ... mostly because I was WAY to tired by this time of the day.


These two best buds ate their weight in candy. And than finally, after the longest suspense building ordeal I've ever seen, Santa finally made it!





Mason innocently made it to the front of the line in a blink of an eye. By pretending to be timid he inched closer and closer and closer until Santa picked him up. More excited for the candy cane, Mason sincerely asked Santa for a present for Christmas. Santa asked him what kind and Mason clarified. "A Surprise and a present." 

So Santa he's going to be extremely happy with ANYTHING this Christmas and so will I!

That was yesterday. Today Mitch had a day off, so we decided to go on an adventure down to Story. Story is a little town south of here and it was a beautiful drive. Further up into the hills, you could see the mountains and soon you were in trees. Loved it! 

Down to the Fish Hatchery where we found lots of fish and absolutely ZERO people. I didn't see a human being until we jumped in the car to leave. And even than I just saw a car driving into a garage. I guess, I'm only assuming there was a person driving that car, but maybe not. Maybe I didn't see another human at all. 


Feeding the big fish. This is what Mason had been training for all his life and he had no idea until until today. Mason's favorite thing for the past MONTHS is going to the river, or creek, and throwing rocks in the waters. Instead today we substituted rocks with fish pellets (aka dog food) and as he threw it into the water and he saw so many fish fight for it he lit up! It was awesome!


If we strategically placed a piece of food in the rocks close to shore and sat very quietly, a fish or two would come get it.



And then we went to enjoy the scenery!






Before leaving we had to study up on the history. Make sure we learned something. Mason wouldn't let us read it but according to him it says, "Fish like to eat. Feed them."



1 comment:

  1. it is so funny to see your pictures at places we like to go to! I keep getting surprised that you all are here!

    ReplyDelete

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...