Friday, November 14, 2014

Growing up.

So our new adventure is off to the most amazing start! No I'm not talking about our Sheridan Adventure (though yes that's still going great) but we started a new adventure.

I really didn't want to start this one yet. Mason's only 2 and half, but he was bouncing in his crib and his daredevil tactics such as in the following video suggested we might need to move forward sooner than planned.



We decided to venture out of crib territory and into big boy bed territory.

TADA!



(Sleeping Reenactment by Mason)

At first he insisted he didn't like the new bed. He kept asking for me to put the crib back together. However after being tucked in that first night, we didn't hear from him. Through the door I did hear his little footsteps, pacing from his bed to the nightlight. With a pop, off switched the nightlight and he walked back to bed. There was perhaps a short pause before his little feet went back to the nightlight, switched it on and than back to bed. This process continued for a half hour (at least). At an hour I went to check on him and he was snuggled under his blanket, corner still in his mouth, stuffed animals surrounding him. 

At the sound of the door he sat straight up in bed, said he didn't like it but he politely asked for some milk. Wanting to keep things going smooth, I agreed to go get his sippy cup from the fridge. Upon returning, seconds later, he didn't move. His eyes were closed and I'm convinced his polite request for milk had been him sleep talking. 

I was prepared for this "first" experience to be a disaster, so I speculate this pleasant turn out was complete luck and I prepared myself for several visits throughout the night ... Nothing. Early morning came and I sat up in bed expecting Mason to realize he was no longer trapped in his room until Mommy came to get him ... 7:30 rolled around ... Not a peep from Masons room. By 8 I was too curious to wait so I peeked into his room to see Mason sitting on his bed, Blanket in mouth, starring at the door. At my appearance he laughed and jumped up and down on his bed. 

Normal morning. Wow.

Nap time was the same. Putting him down was more interesting, but once I left the room I could hear him playing with his stuffed animals for a bit until silence fell. He slept for almost three hours! He never naps that long. 

I think I might be getting too comfortable with how good he's sleeping, I have a feeling one of these days or nights, when I get lazy and stop expecting it, somethings going to change. Maybe he'll realize he can escape his room. Maybe I'll find him out in the living room playing when he's supposed to be asleep - no I won't think about that right now. I'm just going to enjoy the fact that tonight, night 2 went just as smoothly as night one and hopefully things won't change.

Good night everyone and hope you're getting some good ZZzzzz's!

Oh wait before I go I must share a few pictures to give you a feeling of what's been happening this last week. Nothing big just simple pictures.


We went from this -


To this in  possibly less than 24 hours.



We've been in Time-out quite a few times. Tantrums are the most adventurous part of being a 2 year old.


But we always rebound with something creative. My little superhero in training. Yes he is wearing a shirt over his hoodie as well as another shirt under that. He's also wearing a pair of underwear the correct way as well as two pairs of underwear on the outside of his pants. All ninja turtles though I'm not sure he actually planned that. He insisted that is what he needed to do that day.



Yet another reason why I love this little town of ours. We got the sweetest note in the mail yesterday. And on the back of it was the senders phone numbers as well as a list of their favorite things to do, places to visit, her boys favorite babysitters and so much more. Small town people think of everything when it comes to making new people feel welcome and I LOVE IT! I'm thankful for it! 

And we love it here!

That's all for now
Later Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...