So our neighbors are moving. (Yes Amanda, that one) They've lived in that house for YEARS, so when I saw them cleaning out the shed, and other hiding places in there yard, I wasn't surprised to see A LOT of stuff that I don't think they even knew they had. And our sweet neighbor, I'm gonna be sad to see her go, offered to give Mason the little playhouse they had found. It'd been buried under, stuff. It had been packed full with ... more stuff. So it looked like it was in rough shape, but still in one piece.
Enthusiastically we said yes.
Hoisting it up over the fence into our yard wasn't hard, but then came the fun part. I was hoping to have it cleaned out before Mason saw it, but the cleaning had to wait until the next morning. All I had to do was keep Mason distracted until I could clean it out ... that didn't work. I had him prepped and ready to go on a long bike ride this morning but the instant we stepped out the door his eyes widened, he gasped and in his high excited voice he said, "Ooooh. What's That Mommy?"
Bike ride CANCELLED!
To be fair I could have hidden it better. But it was all the way in the back of the backyard, It still amazes me he saw it. Now, I had to hose that thing down, and FAST! The rest of the morning turned into a water day. We gave that play house a good "car-washing", Soapy water and a hose down! We scrubbed it in and out. And yes, the spiders. We had many discussions about spiders. There were yellowish ones, and brown ones, no black ones - but Mason now knows NOT to touch the black ones - And they were coming out left and right, so we apologized and washed them away. And in the end the Play House sparkled and shined. Wanna SEE!?!?
Needless to say, we spent the rest of the day outside. Coming inside to clean up and eat dinner was really hard, so I suspect the first thing he'll ask for in the morning is, "Can I go play in the Play House?"
Bring on the Fall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases
All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...
-
First things first BAM! There he is. Perfect isn't he?! And he's already showing off those muscle's which mean's he's...
-
Yes I know everyone that actually visits this blog wants an update on the adoption stuff but at the moment I want to show off something new ...
-
All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...











No comments:
Post a Comment