I had to write this down before I forgot. And this happened to be the most convenient place. This morning Mason asked if he could go to scouts. He asked so politely that I instantly said, Sure! So that's where we were tonight before this event happened.
Turns out my boy has a little Country in him. I don't listen to much country music. In the car or in the house it's usually a Pandora toddler station. So, when we jumped into daddy's car to come home, I didn't expect the reaction I got today. Trisha Yearwood's classic, "She's in Love With a boy" randomly played as I began driving. And eventually I glanced back to see Mason rocking his shoulders and moving his hands to the beat. He noticed I'd caught him and he laughed and said "Dance too, Mommy." So I danced and sang. The surprising part was he let me sing. This is a huge deal because earlier today if I tried to sing, he instantly shot me down. "Don't sing Mommy. No don't sing."
So he let me sing to Trisha Yearwood while he danced. But that didn't end it. We got home. Got ready for bed. I put Mason on the potty and suddenly I hear him singing, "Lala love with boy. Lala love with a boy."
I burst out laughing. This turned into another few rounds of the chorus with me singing and him dancing in the living room.
So I think it's obvious he's got a little country in him.
We'll see where that takes us in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases
All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...
-
First things first BAM! There he is. Perfect isn't he?! And he's already showing off those muscle's which mean's he's...
-
Yes I know everyone that actually visits this blog wants an update on the adoption stuff but at the moment I want to show off something new ...
-
All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...
No comments:
Post a Comment