Thursday, May 3, 2012

Month Number One

Time continues to move on without my permission.  I was warned that this newborn stage doesn't last long, and I believed them, but when I turned around it had already been a month and I have to wonder why it went by so quickly.  Mason has been such a blessing in our home.  I know baby's don't do much except demand all your attention and deprive you of needed sleep but honestly just having this little person to serve everyday filled this home with more love than we thought possible.


The noises he makes when he's happy, and even the ones when he's annoyed.  The look in his eyes when he's curiously watching everything around him.  The strength he grips my hands with by using those tiny fingers.  The way he breaths when completely awake or fast asleep.  

He's perfect.   We never imagined such a perfect little boy.






A Story from Daddy: SO I skipped my sacred racquetball/strength training time this morning to give Brooke some rest. She needed it! Mason was pretty routine: bottle, diaper, hiccups...I carried him around for a while before he passed out and he smiled at me a bunch. It's hard to compare the feelings that gives but it's pretty incredible. He also sighed as he fell asleep.  Those create such a satisfaction that are way more substantial than the challenges of waiting on him hand and foot. I'm pretty nuts about this little guy and find it difficult not to think about him during the day.

And Mitch does miss him a lot while he's at work.  I usually get a few text messages throughout the day asking how Mason is doing and a simple missing Mason comment.  Mitch is still sweet enough to tag on the traditional he misses me comment but we all know who he misses most.  And that's totally fine with me.  It's been a lot of fun watching Mitch turn into a dad this past month.

I think my transition to being a mother has been pretty entertaining to watch as well.  At least I hope someone's enjoying it because it'd be a shame to think I'm the only one noticing how clumsy I can be sometimes.  But I can't stop smiling just as much as I can't stop marveling at how amazing this little boy is, and how lucky I am to hold him in my arms everyday, night, and probably when I should let the boy sleep and get other things done around the house. (Sometimes I just can't put him down)

Mason Let Chris borrow his hat - don't they both look so chunky?  I love it!



But as you can see he's growing day by day.  Slowly he's starting to mimic my facial expressions, though not clearly enough for me to whip out the video camera.  His cry has changed from a newborn to a full baby cry.  And sleeping ... well we don't want to jinx it so I'll just say so far SO good.

Happy one month and here's to the next one being just as amazing as the last.


This is my family and we're having a blast!

1 comment:

  1. He is So cute!!! I love his cheeks and nose with his little curls on front. I really hope you are doing well and that you are just loving this new chapter!! By the way Happy Mothers Day!!!

    ReplyDelete

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...