Monday, April 9, 2012

Meet Mason Glen Parks

First things first BAM! There he is. Perfect isn't he?! And he's already showing off those muscle's which mean's he's going to fit right in with our family.

And now the events as they happened. Mason wasn't due until April 11th but we constantly joked about him coming early and having to make a mad dash for Las Vegas in fact his birth mother Christine wanted him to come April 1st. And now that he's arrived we could all see why. He's was 8 lbs 10 oz and 21 inches, a little to big for a normal birth. After being in Labor for several hours it was decided that a C-section was necessary. So finally at 10:19pm Mason arrived and allowed his birthmother to sleep.

Here they are together. A beautiful boy and beautiful birth mother.

I tell you though with the emotions that were running through me at that time I wished I would have had some of the drugs she was having because I couldn't sleep. We arrived at the hospital, after a seven hour drive, around 11:00pm and ran straight up to the nursery. He had a few things the nurses were being extra cautious about so he's hooked up to the usual vitals. My first visual and the image that will stay in my mind forever was him laying there a head of hair, little wires stuck all over his little body and the birth mothers father, (Grandpa Lehr) holding his little hand. It was precious.

They said they needed him to cry some more, he was such a quiet boy, that the nurse thought it was a good time to give him a bath. OHHH heavens, he finally broke out in a full cry when that lady started to wash his hear -

Glad it was her and not me doing that.

After a bit of time they let me inside to see him.


Not all the paper work was there and with the birth mother sleeping they weren't able to let me hold him at that time. But they let me feed him, which was amazing. Looking around at all the other babies in the room most of them wouldn't take a bottle or it took a lot of coaxing to get them to barely get any milk from it. Mason put them all to shame. (I know a bit competitive but that's okay) He drank so fast that I had to pull, with a lot of force, to get him to stop and breath. Before I knew it the whole thing was gone. Big boy big eater.

After a few hours we realized we needed to find our hotel and get some sleep too. There was nothing else we could do. Sleeping came easy for Mitch but for me it took hours. Every time I closed my eyes all I could see was that head full of hair and I missed him. But eventually sleep came and so did the morning.

For the next two days Mason stayed with Christine in the hospital and we came too. It was funny at that time we knew what we wanted to happen but we still didn't know what the end result would be. The remarkable thing is, the atmosphere in the room was very comfortable, and relaxed. Her whole family was in and out of the room, others came to visit and we didn't at all feel like we didn't belong. I loved it. We helped with Mason when needed and just talked, laugh and rested. Not at all what people would think it would be.
First time with Mom
First time with Dad
Mommies and Mason

Christine said it helped to have us there, but it also helped me too. It helped confirm to me that this open adoption thing isn't scary at all, and we look forward to seeing them all again in the future. Adoption is really about Love, the love of so many for one little individual and that is exactly what you could feel in that hospital room, again it was simply remarkable.

The third day in the hospital we gave them time and spent the whole day trying to keep distracted. But that night the most incredible thing happened, Mason Glen Parks was placed in the custody of Mitch and Brooke Parks ... THAT'S US!



We stayed that night in the hospital, thankfully since it was so late. And it was actually pretty comfortable, for Mason and Me. Mitch slept on the fold out couch but he slept while I just watched Mason. It was slowly sinking in, and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. And that was okay.

My Boys


Going home. He did very well on the drive home, just wasn't happy about the diaper changes in the car. I wasn't too excited about them either but they needed to be done.


Mason and Monkey

Arriving home, Something that wasn't a secret was how much family and friends support Mitch and I have had through all this. And how many people were waiting to add there love to his life. When we pulled in, we were once again reminded of this fact.






Each day he opens his eyes more and more for longer periods of time and it's easy to get lost in them. He is the perfect adventure for our lives and truely the biggest blessing from our Heavenly Father. So many prayers have been made and it wouldn't have happened without the influence of the spirit. Thank you to all and stay tuned I'm a mom with a camera and I'm not afraid to use it.

13 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you! He is adorable. Can't wait to see him in person!

    Dale and Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post gave me chills, how exciting! He is darling! I am so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!! I am thrilled for you guys. Brooke, you are an absolutely radiant, glowing mother! He looks like a little angel, can't wait to see you all again.
    Lisa and Tim (well Gracie and Anna send their best too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words cannot even express the emotions I felt while reading through this post! Oh, guys, he's so perfect! I am soooo incredibly thrilled that you finally have the oppurtunity to be the parents you've been all along! I can't imagine a more perfect family for Mason. Congratulations! He's a lucky little boy, to be oh so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Brooke!!! All I can do is sit here in tears, so glad that you get to be a mommy at last! He could do no better than you and Mitch. Love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fabulous! He's adorable and how wonderful for him to have parents that are so great (and an extra mommy to love him too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful!!! I'm SO very happy for you both. Being parents is an amazing thing and I'm so glad that you have received this blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's beautiful, and you look great as parents--you all just glow! I'm thrilled for you, and delighted this all worked out :) We'll keep praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so happy for you all!!! It never ceases to amaze me at how perfectly the Lord takes care of all of His children. Mason is such a handsome boy and the love the is emanating from your faces and the way you write about the experiences is undeniable. You have a lovely family, and are awesome parents already! (No surprise) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the birth story!!!! Thanks for sharing :o) And, the pic of my adorable nephew with his eyes wide open is TOO CUTE!!! Can't wait to meet him in person!!! LOVES from us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Hooray! :) He's a cutie-pie! So happy for you THREE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to you both! What a perfect lil man :)

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...