One of the most brilliant ideas I've heard of was tagged to my baby shower invites - Yes I had my first baby shower and I'll tell you more about that soon - it asked that those invited would share there favorite childhood books with Mason. And he got some books I hadn't seen in a long time. I loved it so much that I had to go through my own collection and see what books I had forgotten about. And there were quite a few, "well loved" books that I can't wait to read to Mason someday ... Maybe you remember some of these books.
This was the book that got me thinking. A friend gave this to me at the baby shower but the instant I saw the cover I remembered it.
Who likes my model?
I've decided I need some more old classic children books. Anyone else remember some?
What about Where the Wild Things Are and Happy Birthday Moon? I love the newish book "The Crayon Box that Talked". It's a great one (and it's in paperback for cheap!)
ReplyDeleteGoodnight Moon is a personal favorite. (I love your model, by the way) I also love anything with the Berenstein Bears, and Milk and Cookies is a fun one, and the Golden Books have lots of classics, Mother Goose Tales...there's lots out there!
ReplyDeleteFor nostalgia purposes any "Golden book"- except buy the newer copies (I guess the old ones had lead in the binding!? Who knew?) The pokey little puppy!
ReplyDeleteThere's a book that I love to read to Gracie called "The Critter Cafe"- very cute.