It's not a calling but a sister in the ward had asked me a long time ago to help her put together and advertise the Stake Film Festival that they were putting on this spring - totally up my alley. Plus she's letting me use her IMAC and since I can't have my own I jumped on that opportunity! For now however, it's just the advertising portion of the project and so I began to create ... 
Three minutes into creating these posters I felt so much more relaxed than I had all morning. No reading distractions could have had this quick of an effect on me. It reminded me how much I have always loved designing and composing pictures, fliers, any graphics, but I had forgotten that spending hours creating something so simple could be so relaxing. I remember those hours I spent in the basement of the Spori Building back at Rexburg. Creating videos for class and some for stupid fun. Every time without fail I'd get so close to finishing, when the computer would freeze and I would lose everything. I even became a very meticulous saver, but still somehow I would loose the whole project and have to start it again at square one. But after that happening three times I realized that it didn't bother me. I didn't cry or put my fist through the computer screen - well I thought about it a few times - but the truth was when I finished putting the video together for the second time it always better and more detailed than the first draft. And I was much more satisfied.
But the reason it wasn't as traumatic of an experience, losing everything I had spent hours on, was because the work was relaxing and fun.
And that I had forgotten.
Oh and in case you were wondering I completed all three posters in one hour flat. Got them to the printers just in time.That is All
No comments:
Post a Comment