It wasn't just once. Then came another friend. Her kind text message wanting me to know that she was thinking of me. Praying for me. She asked how my mom was and I knew I needed to give her an honest answer. To which she responded:
These were all words I needed to hear but also, they were words of a prayer I know my Heavenly Father heard as well. They may have come to me over the phone and in a text message. Yet, they reached his ears as she typed them. And, they reached him again as I read them ... every time I read them.
Communing with the Lord is a very personal and sacred thing. We pray in homes, with our families, in private and constantly in our hearts. I think stories in the scriptures of people using prayer irreverently, or to gain the favor of men, causes most of us to hesitate sharing our prayers.
... Or maybe it's simpler than that. Maybe we hesitate to pray with others of different religions because we don't want to make people uncomfortable. I find I don't do a lot of things for that simple reason. I don't want to make others uncomfortable ...
But these women who have been praying for me and with me, they are so strong. They made me wonder, why don't I do that? Why can't I stop and instead of saying, "I'll pray for you" why not say "can I pray with you, right now".
It's perfectly okay to do that. In fact, it's amazing!
The prayer also doesn't need to be perfectly worded. When I speak to someone dear to me, my words come out jumbled and sometimes backwards. My dearest friends have to follow three to five different trains of thought in one conversation. Guess what! Heavenly Father knows that about me. He can follow my train of thought no matter how scattered. He is my Father in Heaven. He will listen with full intent.
I love these women. They are not of my religion but they are of my Faith. I feel strengthened knowing that they study and devote themselves to God, their Creator who is also my Creator. They love our Savior Jesus Christ, who is our refuge. They also know we have a purpose here on earth and as we grow and live and love, we experience the miracle of God. But we have to be paying attention to see them.
Their prayers mean so much to me and their friendship even more. What's more amazing is I know that with them, there are others praying for me.
"I'm calling all my prayer warriors for you!!!" she messaged.
... That is exactly what they are.
So to You, Prayer Warriors. Thank you. For your prayers in the past, for your prayers now, and for all the ones you say on my behalf in the future. I know the Lord is listening to every single one of you.
He is watching after me, my mom, and my family. I am reminded of that because he has given me you. And you know what, I want to be like you when I grow up. I want the ability to shift from, 'I will pray for you' to asking 'can I pray WITH you' even if it's over the phone.
I to believe that God answers prayers. May the Lord bless you and fill your heart with the comfort and love that he been bestowing upon me.
That is my Prayer, which I say, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment