Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Seven Months


Mason is so proud he knew Tanner was 7 Months old before Mommy did. It came so quickly I almost forgot about this month completely. I'm glad I didn't though, so much about Tanner has changed.

What's New:

* Tooth! We have a tooth. It broke through yesterday and I'm happy to say, YAY FINALLY. Teething for Mr. TK is going to be difficult. He had a rough few weeks with his poor swollen gums and he was just unhappy and couldn't sleep. Which meant I wasn't sleeping which was horrible for everyone. We're doing better now. That little tiny tooth broke through his gums, and though we can't see it very well we sure can feel it.

* Attempts to crawl. He's up on his knees more often than I recall his big brother. Tanner very much wants to move around. He's got his eyes on Mason's toys and knows exactly which ones he's going for when he figures out how. I often find him up on his hands and knees rocking back and forth...

* Moble. He is moving though. He knows how to scoot around, usually pushing himself backwards. When on his stomach he turns in circles. He rolls everywhere. Though he doesn't necessarily have much control over which direction he ends up migrating, he still tests his limits and then yelps when he realizes he can't get back the way he wants.

* Sound effects. We are hearing all sorts of sound effects from this little guy. Lots of clicking of his tongue. Squeaks. His "pay attention to me" cough. Spitting, with his lips and also with his little tongue out. And now the wonderful sounds of Mum-mum-mum-mum and Da-da-da-da-da. oh and the Growling. Now this one fascinates me. Sometimes it comes along with his poop-face, so we know what he's doing. Other times he's just growls. I end up laughing so hard I haven't gotten it on video but it's hilarious.

* Bed Time. He's getting good at going to bed on time. His ability to sooth himself back to sleep is unpredictable. Last night was awesome, the night before that, not so good and as for tonight ... I'm praying.

* Toys. Balls, rings, cars, baby toys he loves everything but most of all he loves his brother's toys and as long as Mason is on the floor playing around him, Tanner is content hanging out with whatever is in front of him. He loves anything he can chew on and is fascinated, at the moment, with Mason's helicopters. He still absolutely loves his doorway jumper, especially when there is someone there to swing him.

* Clothes, he's in 9 month clothing. Give him a bit of room to grow but he's getting pretty long. And around 20 lbs.

* Food. He has decided he doesn't like Peas at all. He literally spits them out, in the spray fashion, when they touch his lips. Carrots are beginning to get a similar response. Still LOVES bananas, and sweet potatoes, so anything I mix with those he'll eat. However he's been eyeing the food on the table. I toss some in the blender but he knows the difference. He wants what we eat, how we eat it.

That's all for now. I really feel like it's a matter of weeks and he's going to be climbing into things and we're going to discover we are not as baby proofed as we think.

The adventures keep coming.
Thank you for following along as we experience new things.

This is my family, and we are loving life!






1 comment:

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...