I love being a mom. We are searching and searching for the next addition to our family and I know it'll happen when the Lord intends for it to happen. In the meantime I'm just enjoying being a mom. Someday's it's really hard. This little three year old has the face of an angel and the voice of one to boot. But man does he have a mind of his own. Some of the tough phases we've gone through so far:
Picky Eating. I never thought we'd have to go through that. Since he was a baby, he loved eating. He ever turned his noes up at much, he'd eat piles and pile of food without stopping for breaths. Then suddenly he has decided he doesn't like EVERYTHING. Blast!
Bed Time Stalling: This guy is the master! Waiting to go potty until he's been in bed for a half hour. Of course mom and dad will let him get out of bed for that. "I have to give mommy a kiss" ... Seriously can't say no to that. "Can I have another song?" "Daddy what does a volcano do?" "Where does Lava come from?" "Tell me about Eskimos" "I need a drink." ... etc. This kids got so many tricks. And something I didn't know, according to my mother I was pretty good at it too.
Screaming: Usually first he'll scream and he's got a powerful, high pitch, loud scream. When he screams strangers look around for a little girl but no, it's Mason.
Hitting: Our main teaching with Mason is Be Kindness. He's gonna be a big boy. So our goal is to help him be a gentle giant.
Yes I'll take your wrapper ... All part of being a mom!
Not Hearing: So I've got nephews and I've babysat boys and I've often wondered if it's mostly a boy quality. Repeat, repeat, repeat. You can be three feet away or right in front of them and somehow they don't hear you at all. Sincerely. I can tell when hes just ignoring something, but sometimes there is something going on in head that has all of his attention and he simply just doesn't hear. I've seen it several times, I just didn't think it'd happen with my own boy.
The battle goes on and on daily. When we think we've conquered one, a new one pops up. When we thinking one is gone, it relapses the next week. As difficult as it is, I'm glad I have Mitch to help me during these times. It's truly organized by God to have a Mother and Father to complete a family and Mason LOVES his daddy. Together we can help our children learn, grow, and understand while maintaining a loving and secure home environment,
This is my family. Enjoying the beginning of our eternity together.





No comments:
Post a Comment