To celebrate our 10th anniversary Mitch and I decided a trip to the Cottage was a well earned treat. We hadn't really celebrated our anniversary before, not with anything more than flowers and small gifts, so taking this trip was huge for us. Mason was excited as well. Spokane Washington is about 9 hours and 40 minutes from Sheridan. However, we discovered that particular time frame is only possible with zero stops. And with Mason in the car that was impossible.
Thankfully we managed to keep it under 11 hours, before we really went stir-crazy! So go us!
VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebbvs-CdCsU
Part of the way we stopped to eat at Dairy Queen, momma needed a little ice cream to stay awake! I think this was Mason's first time to DQ. He's had Ice Cream before but I think the fact we stopped to eat it instead of bringing it home amazed him. The video below is him describing his experience and the way he says "Fries" ... oh man. You'll have to see it for yourself.
VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp4mu6sxbFo
We got to the cottage and enjoyed the evening just the three of us. The next day we took a long walk around the lake, with Mason often stopping. He'd sit down on the cement and with his best pouting face say, "My legs are tired." Soon after we returned Grandma and Grandpa came to take Mason home with them.
While Mitch and I enjoyed our Anniversary together,Mason spent the next few days down at his grandparents which he won't stop talking about. Trains, and toys, and cousins. This was a great opportunity for him, and though it was hard for Mitch and I to spend time without Mason we managed.
Mason had a slumber party with his cousin Wesley who is six. These two boys became inseparable. Sometimes is very important to have boy time. Especially when there are a lot of girls in your family.
After a few days of being without Mason, we decided it was time to go get him. We met up at Aunt Brie's house which will now be known as the trampoline house!
They could have lived on that trampoline if we would have let them. And yes, someday, somehow Mason needs a trampoline!
Back on topic - While we were there, we celebrated two birthday's. Can I just point out how amazing it is to have a 14 year old be eager to hold off celebrating her birthday so she could share that day with a little boy turning 3, is amazing. She is amazing.
VIDEOS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd4B98P7vw
Eating Mud Pie, the boy LOVES ice cream! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueOrBdZEMCo
Opening Presents - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFkTogZmuqg
Another one? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaPryKCBwUQ
Wes and Mason being Silly - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z-mWnJDsa8
We then returned to the cottage and Mason, having not taken a nap in four days and partying well into his bed time, snuggled up to daddy and slipped into the deepest sleep I think we've ever seen him in. We play hard in this family but we appreciate the routine of home. We are so happy to be back.
Blowing kisses to all that we love - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3rca8eANzs
So a story that made me so happy. And a big reason I want to live closer to this family:
At breakfast, the morning after their sleepover, Wesley was giving the blessing on the food. He thanked Heavenly Father for Mason, that he is just like a little brother because, "I really feel like Mason is my little brother." Than he said "I know you live."
The fact this 6 year old boy feels that Mason is his little brother fills my heart with so much love and brings tears to my eyes. Though we don't see each other daily, I want Mason to think of Wesley as his big brother. That boy is going to be a great example for Mason to look up too.
I love my family and this is ours!

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment