Tuesday, October 8, 2013

18 Months


We had fun today.  Gram's bought the most fantastic outfit that I had been saving for the next picture day which I decided would be today ... however we also had our doctor appointment today.  Simple little note, don't ever plan picture day on the same day your toddler gets his shots.  I knew that, and yet I still did it.  It was rough. But being the photographer I just followed him around for a while and eventually we hit gold.

  • Mason is now 18 months.  Officially old enough for Nursery (Spoiler: he's been going to nursery for the past three months.  And LOVES it).
  • He's a parrot.  Says everything you say.  So be careful what you say.  My favorite words, are Amen.  Thank you.  'Like A Boss'. Capisci (Kapeesh).  And lately Mitch has been getting mason to say "BURN" with enthusiasm.
  • Mason loves to laugh.  
  • He loves to dance.  He has this strut he does after he accomplishes something he wants and a smug little smile that goes along with it.  It's adorable.
  • He moves so much. it's a wonder we survive Sacrament meeting.  But from what the men on the stand observe, Mason is pretty well behaved and quiet ... except when he see's his daddy.  Or a baby is sitting beside us.
  • He Loves the slide.  Today while taking pictures, it was almost impossible to do, while the slide was in sight.  He kept saying, Slide over and over again.
  • He's big.  But surprisingly not as heavy as he feels. - Height:  33.5 inches (81%) - Weight:  27 lbs 7 oz  (70%) - Head:  49 CM (81%)



















We have so much fun.  Though it's very difficult as well.  We're at the tantrum stage and when someone this cute throws a tantrum, its very hard to not melt and just give him what he wants.  Not to mention he's strong.  He's a solid boy and if he doesn't want to be held there is no possible way to keep him in your arms.

Then there are the times that are to few.  The times where he's so exhausted he only wants to be held.  He'll take his arms, wedge them between his body and yours, before nuzzling his soft curls into your neck.  I melt every time.

Before bed Mason points to the picture of Jesus on his wall and say his name loud and clear.  Then we say our prayers.  His Amen is the sweetest thing I have ever heard and I love hearing it each night before bed.

He's healthy, strong and happy.  And he knows his heavenly father loves him.

That is my boy.

1 comment:

  1. I just melted. This boy could be his own magazine.

    ReplyDelete

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...