

Yes that is the extent of my mathematics skills.
This may be a bit different, I don't have any measurement updates or stories to tell. But I do have a few new things this little toddler has discovered over the past month that have been entertaining to witness.
NEW DISCOVERIES:
The Fridge - Whenever the fridge is opened, no matter where Mason is in the house he comes running or speed walking on his toes. It's a whole new word when that door is open and Mason won't miss out. He's even figured out that if he walks around to Mom's left hand side the odds of her blocking his path are more in his favor.
Dancing - He's started to get his grove on and it's been fun playing around trying to figure out what songs he'll respond to and what ones he doesn't care about. Speaking of I just discovered he likes the Veggie-tales them song - that's my boy! I've actually spotted him and his daddy dancing to it, sadly I didn't get that on video.Pointing - He's done this a lot for the past two months but it's been cracking me up how much more he does it. Instead of waving good-bye or hello he'll usually just point at you.
Dogs - It baffled me yesterday on our walk how much dogs do not faze him. He loves to watch them, he practically crawls out of the stroller just to get a better look. But when they bark at his face, Mason doesn't even blink. Where as I jump.
Tantrums - You remember how strong he was last month, he's even stronger and when he throws a tantrum watch out! He hasn't thrown himself on the ground yet, but that's coming. Mason's turns on the tears and cries, waiting for someone to cave in. Sadly mom just smiles and laughs, I can't help it He's so cute even when he cries! Pay Attention To Me - yes I should have seen this coming. Mason has a 'pay attention to me' squawk and it's a little high pitched grunt like sound. He did it the other day in sacrament meeting and bless his heart the brother sitting in front of us turned around just to talk to Mason.
Teeth - in one week we had two teeth break through and a third just barely. All on the top row. This kid is a trouper. It's been painful especially since now I think a fourth one is taunting us, not quiet sure it's ready to come through the gums sure are tender. That makes it five.
Chris - His teddy bear is finally one of his favorite things to carry around. I have been waiting for this. He's always loved his teddy bear but never went out of his way to find him. I really hope I can keep Chris from getting too dirty, he's got to last a long while. So much love.
Cars - Okay the same walk we took a different route this time down a busier street and up popped Mason on the edge of his seat pointing at every car that past, with his lips puckered he repeated the sound "oooooo" over and over again. The things this kid will say when he can actually form words. Oh I can't wait.
Crawling UNDER obstacles- chairs, stools, nothing will prevent this boy from getting where he wants to go now. All my barricades are pointless. He's figured out that crawling will come in handy to get around most obstacles. Next is climbing, he's already tried a few times, usually face plants on the other side but he'll figure that out rather soon.
Whistling - It doesn't always come out as a whistle but he walks around blowing air just like mommy did and every once in a while a whistle will escape. I'm more amazed by it than he is though.
Squinting - In order to emphasize his emotional distress sometimes he won't cry he'll squint his eyes and whine. It's such a funny expression we all laugh.
UPDATE: About four minutes ago I Mason figured out how to open the bottom two drawers in the kitchen. Out came all the Tupperware. My days are never going to be the same again.


No comments:
Post a Comment