Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sick Day.

This kid is amazing.  During all of the excitement this last weekend Mason caught a virus. I guess the silver lining is that he was happy and healthy for the blessing and all the fun we had the day before. But the next two days we could tell he wasn't doing well, though his personality didn't show it.  Luckily there were other signs so we met a new doctor the other day.  Mason was diagnosed with his first ear infection and with a virus in his lungs.

It's not that bad.  I mean if it were would he be looking like this ....


I don't think so.  He's sleeping great and playing with just as much energy as normal.

I'm discovering how hard it is as a mother to watch your kid struggle.  Defiantly not a fun experience.  When they handed me an inhaler to help his breathing I almost burst into tears.  Flashbacks from having Asthma as child came rushing back to me.  I'm so happy I don't have that problem anymore because as a kid it was hard, though now I'm sure it was harder on my mother.

Luckily for Mason this is not severe and only temporary.  He will be fine in a few days.  But it's all a matter of waiting it out and letting his body do the healing.  He's a strong healthy boy so really there are no worries.  Just a lot of patience and prayers.  Sleep is key ... hopefully I'll get some too.


This is my family and we're having a blast - even while we're sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...