Friday, December 7, 2012

Eight Months and Mobile


Mason started crawling on Thanksgiving and now he's getting more and more adventurous.  He still has a hard time at moments.  I mean carrying that much weight on your hands and knees can't be easy.  But each day I find him going a bit farther than yesterday.  Today I found him under his bouncer than shortly after that he was right behind the glider trying to figure out how it moved.   And he keeps taking the edges off of the puzzle mat.  Basically I am loving every minute of it.  He's always wanted to move and try keeping up with the kids older than him and now I think hes realized he's almost there.


New Things for Mr. Squishy:
  • Crawling - Like I said it's still hard but it's not going to stop him.  And it's not only on his hands and knees he tries really hard to do his hands and toes.
  • Talking - He likes the letters "D", "M" and quite recently the letter "G"
  • The Shuffle Step - He can't get up on his feet on his own yet but if you prop him up against the couch ........... Okay I take that back he just pulled himself up onto his feet using the entertainment center!  Excuse me while I go save him from gravity.  Back to what I was saying he loves to shuffle back and forth from furniture to furniture.  
  • Runny nose - I'm really hoping it's not a cold and that he's just teething but Mason has discovered that with a runny nose all you have to do is rub it off on whatever is nearby.  Mom's shoulder.  Dad's tie.  The covers in the crib.  A fist full of hair. Evidently anything works.
  • His New Car -  You've seen the pictures he thinks that black car is amazing ... or tastes amazing. 
  • Thanksgiving -  He ate mashed potatoes and gravy pretty darn good.
  • A NEW COUSIN!! - Sweet Little girl whom we love so dearly.
  • Sleeping 11 to 12 hours - Dad is very proud of this, not that he's really had a hand in it but he's quite impressed with his son's ability to sleep.  Napping is another story, he still takes short naps but I won't complain as long as his nights stay as awesome as this.

Mr. Squishy's Likes:
  • Bright, Shiny objects - It became quite obvious when the only thing he would crawl for was a watch.   But he loves mommy's earrings, which means she can't wear them anymore.
  • Hair - He loves to pull hair even his own.  He's got a very good grip so beware.  Daddy's trying to teach him the word soft, but it hasn't quite sunk in yet. But I think after a few more times of pulling his own curls he.ll figure out what that word means.
  • His tongue - Yes you didn't read it incorrectly he loves his tongue.  If you look back to a previous post you'll notice he tries licking all the food off his chin.  He doesn't only do it at dinner time though.  He'll tick his tongue out all the time.  And he can roll it too! I CAN'T DO THAT!
  • His Daddy - Still loves it when his daddy comes home.  
  • Remote Controls - Especially those Wii controllers because they have the hand strap that he loves to chew on.
  • Playing in his Crib - The way I know Mason has had enough sleep or done with his nap is if I hear him playing.  He likes to play with the blankets in his crib, sometimes talk to the characters on his mobile, or often times just laying there waiting for me to come get him.  I'm usually greeted by a huge grin or peek'a'book from behind the blanket in his hands.
  • People - He still loves to be out and about where he can look at people and see the things they do with his big wide owl eyes.
  • Music - He still loves music.  Whether you sing to him or just have it playing he will stop for a moment to see where it's coming from.  But he loves to listen.

The sounds little Boys make:  Mitch got a little boy that makes all sorts of noises.  I think that will make his parents very happy.

BALLET or just done with the bouncer?


New additions:  
So I wrote all this just before this last Tuesday when he turned 8 Months.  But in the last two days things have changed ... AGAIN!
  • Standing in his Crib!  Mitch went and got Mason out of his crib this morning and returned with a very proud daddy face.  Mason had pulled himself up and was standing there waiting for someone to come get him.  He's growing so fast!!
  • Balancing!  Yesterday he started balancing.  He'd be doing his shuffle step and than suddenly let go to practice balancing.  He hasn't been able to do it for very long but I have a feeling he'll going to be walking in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...