Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day!

Our first mother's day with Mason- especially awesome for Brooke!


For the past few years, mother's day has been one of the most difficult days I have experienced.  In fact I often boycotted it when I could.  I'd go to sacrament meeting and pretty much leave right before the primary kids got up to sing.  Except for the years where I was the primary chorister than I had to tough it out.  But on those days my heart wanted to explode.  Sitting through talks about mothers, especially the talks about those that don't have children how "you are mothers too".  BLAH!  I mean I know it's true, I've always known, but especially on that day I didn't want to hear it.  It was just one of those days that I wouldn't feel good until after I screamed into a pillow and cried for several hours.  (Those days happen to everyone)


Today was much different.  I got to feel peace while watching those primary children sing.  I felt peace while I watched all the parents struggle to keep their kids seated throughout the meeting while they were bursting with energy because it was a special day.  I felt peace because, yes now I'm a mother too.  But more importantly this little spirit that was supposed to come to our home all along had finally found a way to get here.  That's was makes this mother's day so special.   The realization that he was always supposed to be with us, and the comforting fact that events played out just as this little boy and the Lord had planned.


It was a happy mother's day.  And I look forward to many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...