Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Aunt's Visit

This is the story all about how … (Okay, now who’s singing the Fresh Prince of Bel Air song? I have been for the past two days and now you will too. Muahahaha!)


Sweet dreams they are.
No one can ever seem to get here fast enough to see baby Mason.  And the main thing they say is they are dying to pinch those fat cheeks of his.  This weekend was Aunt Angie’s weekend.  She got to leave the kids at home with Darin and come to hold this chubby little boy.  Luckily Aunt Christina had been waiting for anyone that might be coming this way and she jumped into the car with Angie.  Double the fun and because they came we got to go on some new adventures.  But since I’m being interrupted today I’ll have to keep much of the dialogue short but honestly we’re here for the pictures anyway.

With the arrival of these two beautiful ladies we got another surprise.  A stroller!  Turns out around spring creek we don't have a lot of paved walkways and parks to go to if we want to take a walk.  The roads were very hard on a regular stroller.  Well Aunt Angie had the solution stored in her garage.  A stroller with bike wheels, how brilliant!


Outdoor adventures
 It's very roomy so at first Mason wasn't too sure about it.  He really likes the snug fit of his car seat.  So we did our best to tuck blankets around him so he didn't flop around too much.  Eventually he fell asleep while the women walked and chatted for a very long time.  We ventured out on the golf course when I realized I had no idea how to get home.  Luckily no one really cared we'd make it there eventually we just had to keep walking.  
A whole new experience.
By the time we arrived home Mason had woken back up (there was a bumpy patch outside my house that he didn't like)  And we were all ready for Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.  Surprisingly the best dinner EVER.  Than we popped some popcorn and enjoyed a night of watching No Ordinary Family ... Except there was a lot of chatting during that time so I'm not sure if we actually watched any of the episodes we were playing. 

 
As always Mason loved the attention.  Studying the new faces carefully each time he ended up in someone else's arms.  I know I appreciated more people to hold him and there was a whole lot of this happening -->




And the results were adorable!
This is my good side.
Whatcha doin' way over there?
Pose - Man I look good.
Learning to grab things with his little fingers.



"I will call him Squishy and he will be mine.
And he will be my Squishy."

So it was a blast.  And an added surprise for me was when I came rushing home from the Pinewood Derby and my new Glider chair had been put together!  Thanks again for that!

~ This is my family and we're having a blast  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...