Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Center of Attention

Two weeks old and already we've discovered how much this boy LOVES attention. And I'm not talking the passive oh yes I know I'm handsome attention but the (yes Emily) "Pay Attention to Me my hair's on fire" type of attention. He wasn't like this a week ago but thanks to all the visitors we've had who won't put the little guy down to sleep, he has adapted and he loves to be held, sang to, and even randomly poked at. Which means he hates it when it's suddenly quiet or he's put down in his crib.

But who can blame the boy, I mean look at him ...
Like everyone else, I have an impossible time putting him down for a minute too. I mean he still smells so good. Plus when I put him down I know I have to do other important 'mom' things, like ... clean (Ew) I'd rather hold him.

So as I mentioned we had some visitors that wouldn't put the little guy down. I'm talking about my mother (Grandma Cindy) and My sister (Aunt Brie).
They came for a short stay (three days) to help me adjust, or at least that's what I thought. Truthfully I think it was more to gush over the new family addition and giggle at Mitch and my awkward adjustments. And I admit we are awkward at times but it's oh so much fun to watch.
(Aunt Brie with Mason)
Grandma Cindy's foot massage - I thought I was supposed to get one of those but I wasn't as special as Mason. However ...
... Brie did do my hair and makeup since it was obvious I wasn't going to do it myself. Hey I've got a kid, so now I've got a great excuse to be lazy with the makeup or lack thereof, right?!

And next the story of Mason in the Tub. Once upon a time - There was a little boy named Mason, who was previously very happy and content with life. When the three crazy women in his life decided he needed a bath. Not that Mason needed it because he still had that brand new baby smell, but because one of the women really wanted to use that baby lotion. (and who wouldn't that stuff is soooo good)
Anyway like I said Mason was happy.
Now the only bath Mason's mother (that's me) had seen was at the hospital. She had attempted to give him a bath before this (which I won't go into detail but it was a hilarious disaster that many mothers can relate too) But this one was had a little bath tub to use and it made it more fun, however Mason still doesn't like to be naked (yet) and so there were two people having a hard time with bath time -



(Mason and Mom)













So yes, other than those two, everyone else was enjoying themselves.
And in the end we felt better, and clean, and curly! Mason's hair turned into the head of that kid from boy meets world. Scrunched and curly but surprisingly still very soft. Can you tell?
(Curly Hair)
THE END-ish

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases

All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...