INCEPTION
I was hoping Trevor would write this review since he's the one that got me to watch the movie. I saw the previews for it months ago and instantly swore I wouldn't waist my time on it. One reason being, the main character is Leonardo DiCaprio. An individual who for several years now gives me the urge to throw up when I catch a simple glance of the mans face. Sadly I'm not joking, I was very excited to hear he was killed at the end of "Blood Diamond", if that paints a clearer picture of my dislike for you.
The second reason being the storyline. It's very difficult to successfully produce a visual representation when it comes to the complex workings of the mind in a dream state. The graphics will often become to complex that they'll lose the interest of the viewer. Or they can even become too cartoonie. It can also become so web-like that even the most keen minds can't follow, mostly because the story was not told correctly. The preview gave me the impression that they were going to focus on the graphic representation of the dream and usually in Hollywood that means ditching the points that connect the story making it complete, thus making it way to easy to get confused.
HOWEVER, they did create a complete and realistic storyline.
My warning to you, this is not a leisurely movie. You do have to think about it to keep up with it, which I absolutely loved. They made it so that it's not impossible to differentiate real from fiction even though there is nothing unrealistic happening in the dream state. (meaning there aren't any flying monkeys or ninja migets. It's very very real) The reason you can still tell dream from reality is a key point of the storyline. That right there helped you not get lost as long as your looking for those key elements.
If you like the kind of shows that make you think in order to keep up, this show is right for you, otherwise you will fall asleep in it. (Mitch nodded off once or twice but he still said he liked the show . . . still trying to figure out if he really knows what happened.)
Warning Number two, it is relatively clean. I know that shouldn't be a warning but I was just as shocked as most people. As I think back into it I honestly remember very few curse words and no "behind-the-hands-because-they're-showing-too-much-skin" moments. For that I was very impressed. So I guess this warning is so that you're not too stunned when you come to the same realization.
Basically what all that's saying is they did good job and I really like the movie - even the ending. Yes, yes, I even liked the ending. Its was something I suspected from the very beginning, because I'm a suspicious person. But they put a twist on it even I didn't see coming. And I'm just going to allow myself to believe that they ran out of film and had to cut it off a little early. Because it did wobble. And wobbliness is a good thing.
Anyway, that is my opinion.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Special Note About This Year's Photo Purchases
All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...
-
First things first BAM! There he is. Perfect isn't he?! And he's already showing off those muscle's which mean's he's...
-
Yes I know everyone that actually visits this blog wants an update on the adoption stuff but at the moment I want to show off something new ...
-
All proceeds from my winter photoshoots will go directly to Gabriel Watson and his family, providing them with financial relief as they navi...
No comments:
Post a Comment